Spectra Baby USA S2 Breast Pump Product Overview
Most mums need to head back to work just a few months after giving birth. So to make sure your baby has a supply of breast milk while you’re away, you need to start pumping. It’s not easy to churn out milk however, especially if you’re using an inefficient breast pump.
I know – I’ve been there. But after checking out my options, I’ve discovered the best breast pump out there. If you want to find out how the Spectra Baby USA S2 has changed my pumping practice, then read on through.
Everything About The Spectra Baby USA S2
Spectra is one of the most well-known brands when it comes to breast pumps, offering a wide variety of different pumps for breastfeeding mums. Spectra S2 is one of their best pumps, which is basically a smaller, more lightweight version of their other release – the S1.
- Smaller and lighter, making it easier to move the pump around at home or in the office.
- Adjustable settings allow mums to fine-tune their pump for optimum comfort and output
- Backflow and bacteria protection are guaranteed by a physical barrier between the milk and pump
- Only works when plugged into a socket, and does not include a built-in battery
- Despite being lighter than other Spectra models, still heavy at 3 pounds
- The unit itself and replacement parts are expensive
- Key Features
- Hospital-strength pumping action helps produce maximum output
- Can be used as a double pump to cut back on pumping duration
- High-quality motor produces minimal sound
Pros and Cons Takeaway
The lack of a rechargeable battery and its heavy build make the Spectra S2 hard to use on the go. However, its powerful pumping action and guaranteed sanitation make it the perfect choice for mums who want to have a reliable breast pump at home or in the office.
Mighty Mommas Who Might Want It
The Spectra S2 is a really efficient breast pump over-all, but it may not suit all milking mums. For instance, a mum who wants to pump in the car, on a plane, or anywhere else that doesn’t have a socket won’t be able to operate the S2. For these reasons, the S2 might only be ideal for:
- Mums who pump only at specific locations, like at home or at work. It’s easy to keep the Spectra S2 hooked-up and ready when it’s maintained in a single place.
- Mums who don’t mind spending a little extra on replacement parts and accessories. Let’s face it – Spectra parts and accessories aren’t cheap! Be ready with a budget if you want to purchase extras.
How It Makes Pumping Problem-Free
- Hospital-Strength – For mums who have their hands full with their baby or with work, the hospital-strength pumping action helps maximize output and thus shorten pumping duration.
- Double Pump Action – Mums have the option to pump one or two breasts in a single session, further reducing the time spent pumping. This is ideal for mums in a rush, such as when milking between chores or during your lunch break.
- Minimal Noise – No mum wants to draw too much attention to herself when she’s pumping at work. The discreet motor gets the pumping job done with minimal noise for a high level of privacy.
Other Mommas Take On the Spectra S2
“The Spectra S2 is a lot more comfortable and quiet than other pumps I’ve used in the past. It’s easy to clean, which is a major consideration for corporate mums like me who don’t always have the time to spare. Another great feature the Spectra S2 offers is its adjustable suction settings, which can make it a whole lot easier for mums to collect milk without having to sit through a painful and uncomfortable suction setting that doesn’t fit them.” – Spectra S2 User
“The only thing I can say is that it’s a very powerful pump. The suction is so strong that breast milk basically flows into the collection containers. This doesn’t only make it fast and easy to pump, but also helps make sure my milk production is at an all time high.” – Spectra S2 User
“I bought my Spectra S2 in October, and I was pretty happy with it for a while. But just 3 months later, its suction power just kind of weakened. It wasn’t pumping as well as it used to, but luckily it was still under warranty. Aside from this, and the fact that Spectra collection bottles and breast suctions are expensive, this is pretty much an okay pump.” – Spectra S2 User
Some More Stuff About the Spectra
- How much does it cost? – According to the Spectra Baby USA website, the Spectra S2 can cost anywhere between 169.00 and 270.00 USD. Of course, this can change depending on where you buy it.
- Where can it be purchased? – The Spectra S2 can be purchased straight from the Spectra USA Baby website, or from other online merchants like Amazon.
- Where can replacement parts be purchased? – Spectra Baby USA sells the unit along with a complete kit, including extra bottles, breast pads, and a tote. But if you want to buy the replacement parts and accessories separately, lots of the online merchants that sell the unit also offer those extras.
- How long does delivery take? – Usually for domestic buyers, delivery can take anywhere from 2-5 working days. For international shipment, it can take up to a month.
Packing a powerful suctioning feature, the Spectra Baby USA S2 is a worthy investment for the right kind of mum. I definitely recommend it for mothers who don’t plan to take their pumps with them on the go, and instead want to have one at the ready when they have time to pump at home or at work.
If you’re as pumped about the Spectra Baby USA S2 as I am, and you’re interested in having it in your milk-pumping arsenal, you can check it out here!